Call: 0123456789 | Email:

So you want to learn in the US

If you chose to pursue your university studies in the US, you probably are full of diplomas and colleges. Well, you're not alone. So, let me tell you a bit about the US higher education system and the recruitment process.

College Vs. University

Colleges and Universities are essentially the same. The main difference is that the college refers to a higher education institution offering a four-year degree, while universities also offer a masters degree and a doctorate degree. Colleges also refer to community colleges that offer only two-year degree degrees and allow students to complete general courses before being relocated to 4-year colleges and universities

Bachelor, Master, PhD

One-year degrees concentrating on one or two scientific areas. Bachelor degrees are usually divided into two groups: Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science. The Bachelor of Arts degrees are generally in the fields of humanities and humanities, while the Bachelor of Science degrees are usually at the heart of science, engineering, technology and business. In order to have a college diploma, you have to choose a great one. The most important is the scientific field you want to study. For example: English, electrical engineering, finance, biology, psychology, philosophy, international relations, etc. Some universities also require you to choose a minor. A minor is an optional academic area that you can study with the major. A minor does not require as much time or effort as the principal, and usually requires only a few courses. Colleges and Universities in the United States have many choices and minorities.

The United States Higher Education system and one of the most important differences from other countries is that students in the United States should have different courses in addition to the main courses. Most students need to study English, math, science, social sciences and humanities, regardless of whether they are a parent or a minor. For example, in business law, besides corporate courses, they should also take general English literature or artistic evaluations as English courses also require Algebra and Biology. This will make it possible for a richer and simpler individual to be ready to participate in different topics.

Master's degrees are degrees that last for 2 or more years where you can concentrate and specialize in the following areas: your decision. You can specialize in different fields, such as undergraduate (Bachelor). Several students change their theories after their career after graduation and continue their master's degree in the chosen field. It is a fact that many faculty members choose an MBA after having some years of experience in the corporate world and some degree students in science and engineering decide to get a master degree in education after they have occupied the education world. Master's courses not only allow for career change, but also have several benefits, including multiple areas of expertise, broader professional networks, credibility and better and more job opportunities.

PhD and Ph.D. degree prepares students for the research and academic career. In other words, these graduates are essentially concentrating on the preparation of university teachers and professional researchers. Research and publications are the main goals of this area and students need to be prepared to devote a lot of hours to a particular research field. Doctoral programs can last an average of 4-7 years. Students usually take part in the lessons during the first few years and concentrate on the dissertation for the remaining years. Master's degree is not required in the PhD, but many universities prefer students who have completed postgraduate studies in their field. Doctors (MD) and Juris Doctor (JD) have a degree in medicine for doctors interested in doctors and lawyers. Application Requirements for These Graduates for Bachelor Degree and Entrance Exam – MCAT for Medical University and LSAT Law University

Admission Requirements

Bachelor Degree: Entrance to a BS or BA program or equivalent. Most universities require a SAT or ACT score. International students who are from non-English countries must also take the TOEFL exam

Master Degrees: An MS or MA degree program requires that you have a Bachelor or equivalent. Depending on the program, you must also take the GRE exam or GMAT exam (MBA and Business School Applicants). TOEFL results should be obtained from international students from non-English speaking countries. Keep in mind that some universities give up TOEFL requirements for applicants who already have an American college degree.

PhD and Doctoral Degrees: Most PhD programs require you to have a college degree but prefer previous graduate work. GRE or GMAT test scores are also required. TOEFL results should be obtained from international students from non-English speaking countries. Note that some universities have waived the requirements of the TOEFL for applicants who already have an American College Degree.

Final Remarks

Some schools offer joint Bachelor and Master Degrees, where students have a BS / MS degree for another year (5th grade). Many universities offer a joint degree, such as MBA / MS, MBA / JD, JD / PhD or M.D./Ph.D degrees. Admissions requirements may vary from university to university, so it is important to check the school web pages and / or the enrollment office to check exactly what requirements a specific academic program may require.

Have any Question or Comment?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *