It was founded in 1889 as part of a geography university program issued by the United States Government through the 1862 and 1890 Morrill Acts in the 1800s at Clemson University under the name Thomas Clemson.
Born at the turn of the nineteenth century in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr. Clemson studied at a Vermont military academy before continuing his studies at the Atlantic Ocean in Paris where he continued his studies in a scientific field, a molecular biological specialty that primarily deals with minerals and ores. When returning to the United States, Clemson co-wrote the law on agricultural education and married a daughter of a prominent politician before returning to Europe where she was a Belgian diplomat between the ages of 37 and 44.
The family of women Thomas Clemson was married had so much to do with Clemson University's potential name as anything Thomas Clemson personally did. Clemson married Anna Calhount when he was 31 and at that moment (13 November 1838) strengthened his presence among the American elite when he married the daughter of the former South Carolina senator and the vice president of the United States (John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson) John Calhoun
The fatal death of rich and influential John Calhoun has left his legacy between the surviving wife and three children. The wealthiest wealth behind him was a plantation named Fort Hill near Pendleton in South Carolina. Pendleton is located in Anderson County, South Carolina, in the western corners. The neighboring Pickens County is the town of Clemson and Clemson University, both Thomas Clemson, the ultimate heir to Calhoun's fortune after surviving the heirs of the blood that belonged to his wife who died thirteen years earlier. 19659002] Thomas Clemson worked as a civil servant for the fifteenth president of the United States, James Buchanan's agricultural associate, where he called for the creation of agricultural colleges and similar educational establishments. Mostly, it was only death that the demands of greater agricultural educational opportunities were fulfilled
After leaving the children of his children and his wife, he left his fortune to the state a few years before he passed. Clemson's generous donations were originally used to fund the military college known as the Clemson College of Agricultural Sciences, which was later renamed 1964 at Clemson University. Today Thomas Clemson resembles a statue of Clemson University campus, recalling all those who remember the name writer who started the flowering history of the school.